Pleasanton ISD Board Trustee Election
2023 Pleasanton ISD Board of Trustee Election
Pleasanton, Texas 78064
The next school board election will be held May 6, 2023.
SMD- District 2 - Term 4 years 2023-2027
SMD- District 4 - Term 4 years 2023-2027
SMD- District 5 - Term 4 years 2023-2027
SMD- District 7- Term 4 years 2023-2027
NOTICE OF DEADLINE TO FILE APPLICATIONS FOR PLACE ON THE BALLOT
AVISO DE FECHA LÍMITE PARA PRESENTAR UNA SOLICITUD PARA UN LUGAR EN LA BOLETA
NOTICE OF DRAWING FOR PLACE ON BALLOT
Mail in Ballot Information
Atascosa County Election Information
An application for a place on the ballot must be filed with the Superintendents Secretary (or designated agent) of the school board. The application must be in accordance with the general requirements of Section 141.031 of the Election Code, including that it must be signed and sworn to before a person authorized to administer oaths in Texas. Currently, state law does not allow for appearance before a notary public via videoconference.
The application must be filed not later than 4:30 p.m. of the 78th day before the date of the election and may not be filed earlier than the 30th day before the filing deadline, as per Education Code Section 11.055.
To be eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, the office of school board member, a person must:
1. Be a United States citizen.
2. Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or the date of appointment, as applicable.
3. Have not been determined by a final judgment of court exercising probate jurisdiction to by totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
4. Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
5. Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date: a. For an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot. b. For a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate's name is written in. c. For an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made.
6. Be registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described at item 5, above.
Pleasanton ISD Central Office
831 Stadium Drive
Pleasanton, Texas 78064
Saturday, May 6, 2023
PISD Single Member Districts 2,4,5 and 7
|Wednesday, January 18||First Day to File|
|Friday, February 17||
4:30 p.m. -- Last Day to File.
(Office hours 7:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.).
|Monday, February 27||
3:00 p.m. -- Draw for a Place on the Ballot
Location will be Pleasanton ISD Board Room
831 Stadium Dr
|Thursday, April 6||30th day before Election Day.
Campaign reports due and must be filed with the Superintendents Secretary, 831 Stadium Drive no later than 4:30 p.m.
|Monday, April 24 – Tuesday, May 2||Early Voting|
|Friday, April 28||8th day before Election Day.
Campaign reports due and must be filed with the Superintendents Secretary, no later than 4:30 p.m.
|Saturday, May 6||Election Day|
|Monday, July 17||Campaign Semiannual Report due and must be filed with Superintendents Secretary, no later than 4:30 p.m. Covers the period Jan. 1–June 30, 2023.|
It is the responsibility of the candidate to be informed about deadlines and timelines.