Humberto Torralba II
Chief of Police
Keeping Our Kids Safe
At Pleasanton ISD, we are dedicated to providing a safe and secure environment for the students, faculty, staff and visitors on our campuses. In order to support that commitment, we have a comprehensive emergency operations plan that addresses emergency mitigation/prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery procedures relevant to natural and human-caused disasters.
The plan is updated triennially, reviewed by staff as well as emergency response personnel, and shared with campus and department staff, and with other individuals who may have a role in the event of an emergency. The plan prepares our staff and students for action and establishes teams, chains of command, and specific steps to take in an emergency situation. We are ready to provide for the safety and security of your children and others if the need ever arises.
As part of the plan, each campus practices fire, evacuation, reverse evacuation, exterior lockdown, full lockdown, safe shelter and bad weather drills throughout the year. This allows our district administrators to be sure that faculty/staff and students know the correct procedures in the event of an emergency.
We also have designated campus safety coordinators on each campus that conduct safety and security audits in the district.
School Safety Programs
As a district, we have in place several programs to ensure schools are safe. These include:
- An emergency response coordinator and campus safety coordinators
- 24 hour Video Surveillance of all Campuses
- ID badges for employees as well as contracted service providers (cafeteria, bus, etc.), students (at all campuses), and visitors while on district property
- Visitor check-in software (See Visitor Management link)
- Emergency operations plans
- School Police
- Safety drills
- For each campus: facility security measures, updated employee emergency call lists, and an inventory of emergency supplies and equipment
When working together, we help maintain a safe and positive school environment for every child.