College & Career Readiness Overview
Preparing for life beyond high school graduation involves students, parents, staff, and community working together supporting all of our students in successful study of core coursework, identifying fulfilling career pathways, and promoting an appreciation for the arts and healthy lifestyles.
Pleasanton High School is focused on post graduate preparation providing our students a diverse, rigorous, academic foundation that includes an appreciation for innovation, creativity, fine arts, healthy lifestyles and an understanding of 21st century skills.
The following activities support College and Career Readiness at Pleasanton ISD.
- Foundation/ rigorous academic curriculum/focused elective programs of study
- Foundation/ employment skills and requirements through Career Prep training
- Career exploration process/Career planning programs
- Ongoing Individual and group Guidance and Counseling Services including career inventories/assessments, application and resume training/completion of 4-6 year graduation plans
- Senior individual counseling/focus and develop Senior post graduate plans
- PHS College and Career Information Center
- College opportunities through University and community college fair, individual college recruiters, college applications, scholarships, parent information events, financial aid information, FAFSA/pin # training, SAT/ACT prep
- Employment/internship opportunities through Career Fair, Career Prep, Career and Technical Education Programs, employment and military recruiters.
- State-, National-, and Internationally-recognized business or industry certification and licenses offered.