Pleasanton ISD believes that all students should have the opportunity to attain their full potential. It is hoped that all students will experience learning at the highest level appropriate to their need and interests whether in the core general studies classes or in advanced study coursework.
All PISD campuses offer outstanding enrichment opportunities for academically advanced students. Students do not have to be identified as gifted to participate in advanced study opportunities. Pleasanton ISD teachers are trained in differentiation techniques and structure learning environments to meet the individualized needs of each student.
Enrichment & Advanced Study Opportunities Available
(This list is not all inclusive and varies depending on grade level)
- Gifted and Talented Education - Inquiry Lab, High Order Thinking Skills, and Extended Learning Activities
- Pre-AP Courses
- Advanced Placement Courses (AP)
- Dual Credit Courses (DC)
- Career & Tech Education (CTE) Courses- Certifications and Licenses
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)
- UIL Academic & Fine Arts Competitions