This letter is to inform you of the drop off and pick up procedure for the students of Pleasanton Elementary School. Due to city construction on Main Street in front of the school, our procedures have changed. We realize that this may cause some traffic delays, however the safety of our students is of the greatest concern and priority. The following directions will hopefully make the drop off and pick up procedures more efficient and safe. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work together to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
● All car drop off’s will take place at the back of the campus using the River Park gate.
● The gate will open at 7am. Teachers will be available for assistance beginning at 7:15am
● Students will report to “The Curb” area until the playground opens at 7:30am
● Parents may enter the River Park using the Adams Street or Main Street Entrance.
● Children are only to be let out of your vehicles using the passenger side of the vehicle.
● Please do not get out of your vehicle. Parents needing to see the front office should utilize the parking on Adams Street and check in at the front office.
● Do not stop at the first spot, if there is room to drive forward, please do so.
● Please have the students ready to exit promptly with their belongings once the vehicle has stopped
● The gate to the back entrance will be closed at 8am. If a student does not make it through the gate by 8am, he/she will need to be taken around the front and checked in by his/her parent or carpool ride.
● No children or visitors will be admitted to the school through the back gate after 8am.
● All dismissals will take place at the back of the Elementary Campus.
● Please do not get out of your vehicles to walk children across the street
● 2nd Grade will be dismissed at the first River Park gate (Where drop off takes place)
● 3rd and 4th Grade will be dismissed at the second River Park Gate in front of the canopies
● Parents may enter the River Park using Adams Street or the Main Street Entrance.
● Two lines will form
● 2nd Grade will line up on the Right
● 3rd and 4th Grade will line up on the Left
● Please have your car signs visible to expedite the process
● You may exit using the Adams Street or Main Street River Park exits